Skip Navigation

Man died after taking head shop drug

A man died after consuming the head shop drug MDPV, which has a similar effect to cocaine, but is 20 to 30 times more potent.

John Edwards, 40, of Shanganagh Cliffs, Shankill, Co Dublin, was found dead in his bedroom by his father Sean Edwards, on the afternoon of March 29, 2010.

A postmortem toxicology screening found 0.13 micrograms per ml of MDPV in Mr Edwards’s blood, which caused his death.

Methylenedioxypyrovalarone (MDPV) is a "designer drug" which is often used as an ingredient in ‘party pills’.

It has the same effects as cocaine, but is 20 to 30 times more potent than cocaine, coroner Dr Kieran Geraghty told an inquest into Mr Edward’s death yesterday.

Source: Georgina O’Halloran, The Irish Examiner, 01/10/2010
Posted by Andy on 10/01 at 08:18 AM in Legal and illegal highs
Share this:
  • Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Digg
  • LinkedIn
  • E-mail
(0) Comments






Remember my personal information

Notify me of follow-up comments?

Enter this word:


order publications

» find out more