Drug trend updates and warnings
We will keep this section updated on the latest local and European trends when we are notifed. We will also store HSE advisory notices or warnings if they are issued.
Irish updates and relevant drug warnings 2021
- September 2021: Update on MDMA contents in Europe
- August 2021: HSE warns about increasing strength of MDMA and cocaine
- July 2021: Potentially fatal synthetic imitation cannabis detected in State last year
- May 2021: HSE issues warning over deadly fake street drugs
- May 2021 update on European trends: synthetic cannabinoids, MDMA, benzodiazepines, cannabis edible products and 2C-B
Northern Ireland updates and relevant warnings
UK updates and relevant warnings
- August 2021: Changes to the MDMA market - 4-CMC, 3-MMC, eutylone and caffeine identified at UK festivals in pills, powder and crystals
- August 2021: Public Health England (PHE) has issued a warning of a sharp rise in the number of overdoses linked to people using drugs in several areas across England.
- August 2021: Warning from the National Patient Safety Alert - Public Health England
Irish updates and relevant drug warnings 2020
- August 2020: ‘Fake’ benzos potency fears rise
- 2020 drug trend update: The changing nature of the benzodiazepine market
- 2020 webinar on Nitrous Oxide: Ballymun Local Drug and Alcohol Task Force Webinar
- 2020 drug trend update:Nitrous Oxide feature
- 1st May 2020: Advisory notice by HSE Social Inclusion on new combinations of substances being sold as benzodiazepines to the Irish Drug Market
- 5th November 2020: HSE Addiction Service Advisory Notice, Risk communication on Etizolam emergence in falsified medication
European updates and relevant warnings
- EMCDDA, June 2021: New benzodiazepines in Europe – a review
- Correlation Network, December 2020: Briefing paper: Partner Report – Synthetic cannabinoids
Get harm reduction on our site here.