Drug trend updates and warnings
We will keep this section updated on the latest local and European trends when we are notifed. We will also store HSE advisory notices or warnings if they are issued.
Irish updates and warnings 2023
- May 2023: Results from Life Festival - 3 risk communications on ketamine, cocaine and MDMA pill
- January 2023: HSE risk communication on the adulteration of cannabis jellies with synthetic cannabinoids
Irish updates and drug warnings 2022
- September 2022: Updates from 'back of house' drug monitoring at Electric Picnic 2022
- January 2022: Drug trends under scrutiny after third seizure of new synthetic stimulant
- February 2022: Synthetic Cannabinoids
- February 2022: MDMA trends update
Irish updates and warnings 2021
- August 2021: HSE warns about increasing strength of MDMA and cocaine
- July 2021: Potentially fatal synthetic imitation cannabis detected in State last year
- May 2021: HSE issues warning over deadly fake street drugs
- May 2021 update on European trends: synthetic cannabinoids, MDMA, benzodiazepines, cannabis edible products and 2C-B
Get harm reduction on our site here.