You are invited to attend the launch of 'Supporting Women to Access Appropriate Treatment' Report on the 24th June at 11:00 am.
This event has been re-scheduled having been postponed earlier this month. The event will be hosted online (via Zoom), is free to attend and is open to everyone. People living in Ballyfermot & Tallaght, local service providers, support groups and staff, statutory and voluntary services, and other community groups are encouraged to attend.
About this Event:
Supporting Women to Access Appropriate Treatment (SWAAT) is a National Drugs Strategy Strand 2 Strategic Health Initiative which aims to build community capacity to support women to access treatment and recovery from drug and alcohol use across the Tallaght and Ballyfermot LDATF areas. Drug and Alcohol Task Forces play a key role in assessing the extent and nature of the drug problem and in initiating appropriate responses, so that there is a coordinated approach involving all sectors to address problematic drug and alcohol use in local communities.
· The report will be launched by Minister Frank Feighan - Minister of State with responsibility for Public Health, Well Being and National Drugs Strategy.
· International Guest Speaker: Professor David Best
1. This webinar will share key findings and recommendations from the research ; “Supporting Women to Access appropriate Treatment; Tallaght & Ballyfermot” conducted by Jo-Hanna Ivers & team, IPH, Trinity College Dublin.
2. You will get an update on the SWAAT Project to date and it’s plans going forward.
3. You will have an opportunity to submit and ask questions during the Q&A session.
Register for event
You can register to attend this event here.