The Report of the Working Group on Drugs Rehabilitation 2007 mapped out rehabilitation policy and a strategy for integrated drugs rehabilitation services.
It led to the establishment of the National Drug Rehabilitation Implementation Committee (NDRIC) with responsibility for:
- overseeing and monitoring the implementation of the recommendations in the Working Group report;
- the development of agreed protocols and service level agreements;
- the development of a quality standards framework, building on existing standards;
- overseeing case management and care planning processes; and
- identifying core competencies and training needs and ensuring that such needs are met.
NDRIC is an interagency committee that reports to the Oversight Forum on Drugs. It is chaired by the HSE Senior Rehabilitation Coordinator and has representation from relevant stakeholder Departments, agencies and sectors (see NDRIC membership).
Aoife Davey, HSE Senior Rehabilitation Coordinator
National Social Inclusion Office, Primary Care Division, Health Service Executive, Mill Lane, Palmerstown, Dublin 20
Tel. 00353 (1) 620 1723
Send an email to NDRIC.