Enter the competition
How to enter
How to enter
- Read the Tips on entering and Terms and conditions before you begin planning and working on an entry. These contain important information on the structure and submission of entries.
- Pick a theme (see 'Themes for 2015' below)
- Conduct your research - see Tips on entering for research suggestions.
- Create a piece of original content, based on your chosen theme, in one of the following formats: (a) News article; (b) Video/animation; (c) Audio recording; (d) Poster design.
- Submit your entry along with a completed entry form. You can download the appropriate entry form below.
Age categories for entries are: 12-14; 15-17; 18-21; 21-25.
Entries will be accepted as a group project or an individual entry. Entrants can enter the competition as many times as they like by entering different formats on one or both themes OR by participating in a group project and submitting an individual entry.
Themes for 2015
- Theme 1: The effects of alcohol on the family.
- Theme 2: The effects of drugs on mental health
Entry forms are for all age categories. Please select the appropriate entry form below.
News article entry form (Microsoft word)
News article entry form (PDF)
Video/animation entry form (Microsoft word)
Video/animation entry form (PDF)
Audio recording entry form (Microsoft word)
Audio recording entry form (PDF)
Poster design entry form (Microsoft word)
Poster design entry form (PDF)
News articles will be accepted by e-mail only (in Microsoft Word or PDF format).
Video/animation, audio and poster entries will be accepted by e-mail OR on a disc/memory stick through the postal service.
Video/animation files will only be accepted in the following formats: .flv; .mp4; .mov; .mpeg. Audio files will only be accepted in the following formats: .wav or .mp3. Entries submitted through the postal service will only be accepted on on CD-R, DVD Video or DVD-R or memory stick. Please note, we are not in a position to return discs or memory sticks.
The maximum file size accepted via email for all formats is 24MB. There are no upper file size restrictions on entries submitted through the postal service.
The email address for attachments is email@example.com. All entries submitted by e-mail will receive a correspondence as confirmation of receipt - if you do not receive an email confirmation of receipt your entry has not been received.
The address for postal entries is Drugs.ie National Youth Media Awards, The Ana Liffey Drug Project, 48 Middle Abbey Street, Dublin 1.
Deadline for Entries: Monday February 16th 2015