The HSE has developed an overdose poster in light of new risks faced by people who use drugs during the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The poster aims to raise awareness of the additional overdose risks.
- If you use drugs, you are at increased risk of illness from COVID-19. You are also at increased risk of overdose if you have COVID-19.
- Overdose risks could increase due to changes to the drug market as a result of travel restrictions
- If you use tablets that are not prescribed to you, you are at risk of overdose. You can’t be sure of the contents or how you react.
- Using alone or in isolation is dangerous and you may not be able to get help if you need it
- Your tolerance could decline meaning that your overdose risk increases if you use again after not taking drugs for a space of time
Download new poster here