Professor Jo-Hanna Ivers, Associate Dean of Civic Engagement and Social Innovation is delighted to invite you to a special guest seminar entitled: "Let's Talk About Recovery: Closing the gap between scientific evidence and political will to improve recovery pathways globally."
Date: 11th November
Venue:Public Theatre (Exams Hall) directly accessed from Front Square, main campus, Trinity College Dublin. https:More information can be found here.
Time: 9:00 - 13:00
Register for this event here.Registration open from 8:45am on the morning of the event.
About the event
Under the overarching theme of Addiction Recovery, we will hear from the leading global experts in Addiction Recovery: Professor John Kelly, Professor David Best, Professor Ed Day, Professor Emily Hennessey, and Professor Keith Humphreys. Below is an outline of the talks and a brief biography of each speaker.
- 9.15 - 9.30 Professor Jo-Hanna Ivers, Trinity College Dublin, Introductions and Irish Context.
- 9.30-10.00 Professor John Kelly, Harvard University, The Addiction Recovery Landscape.
- 10.00-10.30 Professor David Best, Leeds Trinity University, Developing Recovery Capital and Mobilising Communities.
- 10.30-11.00 Professor Ed Day, University of Birmingham, The University as a Micro Recovery Community.
- 11.00-11.01 One-Minute Observation Armistice Day.
- 11.01-11.15 Refreshments.
- 11.15-11.45 Professor Emily Hennessy, Harvard University, Developing Recovery and Recovery Capital among Emerging Adults in Collegiate Recovery Settings.
- 11.45 -12.15 Professor Keith Humphreys, Stanford University, Harnessing Political Will for Addiction Recovery: the necessary steps.
- 12.15-12.35 Q&A.