The Canal Communities Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force, we would like to invite you to attend our Drug and Alcohol Awareness Campaign 2020.
Between the 3rd and 17th of November, Canal Communities will host multiple online events for professionals working in related healthcare settings. The schedule of events covers a range of topics from alcohol marketing and young people, drug trends and nitrous oxide.
- 3 November 9:30am: Webinar: Alcohol Marketing & Young People: Causes for concern Hosted by the Irish Community Action on Alcohol It is necessary to register in advance for this event
- 6 November 9:30am: Webinar: Beyond Blame…Understanding Alcohol & Sexual consent, Hosted by the Irish Community Action on Alcohol It is necessary to register in advance for this event
- 9 November 4pm, Webinar: “The Blocks, Journeys in Progress, Stories in Process”: Hosted by the Rialto Community Drug Team A showing and discussion plus launch of new workbook of The Blocks, an animated short film by Women’s community group Rialto
- 9 November 7:30pm – 9pm, Nitrous Oxide Workshop (laughing gas): Hosted by Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service & Dolphin House Community Development Association Venue: Core Youth Service, Vincent Street West, Inchicore, Dublin 8
- 10 November 4:30pm – 6pm, Drug Awareness Workshop: Hosted by Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service Venue: Core Youth Service, Vincent Street West, Inchicore, Dublin 8
- 11 November 10am – 12pm,Webinar: The Logic of Violence: An Ethnography of Dublin’s Illegal Drug Trade & Finding a Way Back: Life Stories of Loss and Reconnection from Older Men Living on the Margins,Hosted by Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service
- 12 November 10:30am – 12:30pm, Webinar: Trauma Informed Therapy Hosted by Canal Communities Local Drug & Alcohol Task Force and Canal Communities Service User Rep The aim of this event is to raise awareness and increase the capacity of services to provide trauma-responsive interventions with the people who use services Speakers: Aoife Bairéad is an Independent Social Worker, Attachment and trauma-informed specialist, Emma Reilly, Childhood Development Initiative, Tallaght & Dr Sharon Lambert, School of Applied Psychology
- 16 November 10:30am – 1pm, Webinar: ‘Selling Sex’: Exploration workshop from Ruhama, Supporting Women affected by prostitution Hosted by Inchicore Domestic Violence Outreach Centre and Ruhama
- 17 November 9:30am – 12pm, Webinar: Patterns and Trends of Drug Use -A Conversation, Hosted by the Canal Communities Regional Addiction Service Speakers: Nicki Killeen, HSE National Social Inclusion Office & Dr Anne Marie Carew, Research Officer, Health Research Board
For further details or to register for events conact Ciara on 086 173 0966 or Ciara@ccras.ie
Many thanks to Ciara Faughnan, Education Coordinator for organising the series of online events.